Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- fresh chives for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the outside of potatoes and pierce with a fork several times each. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- While potatoes are baking heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and cook for 20 minutes stirring often. Onions should turn golden but not brown. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and vinegar; cook for 30 to 40 minutes longer on a low heat. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut off the top third of potato and scoop out flesh into a medium bowl (leaving some on the sides to hold skin upright). Add butter, milk and 1 teaspoon of salt. Beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in 1 cup of cheddar and onions.
- Evenly, transfer potato mixture back into skins and top each with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F. Place potatoes on a cooking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
Hello, beautiful. Where have you been all my life?